Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- Well here we go. I guess today would be the first official day as a SAHM (that's the abbreviation for Stay At Home Mom's that we give ourselves).
- For an incredibly long time (since early November) I have been off work with bilateral carpal tunnel. After anti-inflammatory, steroids, physical therapy all failed to help - I ended up having bilateral open carpal tunnel release surgery to relieve pressure off the median nerve.
- No, I did not go with the Brown Method.
- For anyone that truly believes that the surgery is a quick fix is incredibly ill informed. (I mention this because I read a comment someone posted about me.)
- The recovery for this takes about a year to be back to normal --- and there is a good chance that 100% flexibility and strength may not be possible.
- I loved the company I was working for and had full respect for management - but maybe the job that demanded so much typing wasn't meant for my skinny little wrists.
- My right wrist is still swollen and painful at time - but it is getting better. I'm on the path to recovery.
- So, after much discussions - hubbie and I decided to attempt to manage to live without my income.
- (Please, please, PLULEEZE someone buy the ole house. FAST.)
- So here we are. Day 1 of At Home Me.
- I need to get some organization to my daily schedule. Any suggestions? There's gotta be some tricks to keep me on track.
- Oh yea, my laptop hard drive crashed over the weekend.
- I just dropped the Family Cat off at the Vet. She is really curious what it means to "get fixed". The vet tech LOVES her and thinks she is adorable!! hahahaha!
- Younger daughter turns out to be quite the softball player. Older daughter - takes after me - she tried out for every sport in athletics to only make the cross country team (which lets everyone run).
- Hubbie hasn't been committed yet. yet.
- Keeping plants alive may no longer be my special talent in life. Apparently.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I'm back to blogging.
Thank you all that sent little encouraging messages while I was on the injured list. More later that fun.
This morning I went back to the doc and was given a full release.
Then I quit my job.
Oh boy. This outta be a journey.
As a gift to you, I bring you a pic of Hot CNN reporter who is covering the situation in the gulf.
I'm not really sure what the situation was or is.