Tuesday, March 31, 2009
- I have been averaging joggin at least 17 miles a week for the past five weeks.
- This is the first week in which I took a slight break by not jogging by normal 7 on Sunday.
- I have three races I've signed up for next month.
- I hope to beat my 29:25 time from the last race.
- I still haven't found a half that I want to run in May but I'm going to start training anyway.
- I think I've decided to set a goal of late November for a full marathon.
- If I hurt an extremity before November, I'll cry.
- My legs haven't been this tone since high school.
- I'm waiting for my stomach to get the clue that the rest of the body is showing signs of this health kick.
- I am either insane or really do love jogging.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Here are the post race thougts:
- Encouraging others really does help me to keep my pace up and not give in. Its an encouragement in itself.
- There was a couple of young kids running. One must have been no more than ten....he stayed with me through the second mile. I encouraged the heck out of him. I was really impressed.
- I didn't see him finish. I finished before him. I tried to find him after the race and give him the way to go, but couldn't find him.
- Did I mention it was cold out there? It was around 35 degrees with some slight mist here and there. Add ten degrees, would my time have been better?
- If the race had signs to tell you what mile you were at, I totally missed them. I like to know where I'm at.
- I did not run with my phone this time. I had a team member carry it and my camera. I felt weird without my phone during the run.
- I got to wear the tiara for the most fundraising. Thanks to all that gave! That was an incredible birthday present. It made Marty, the team leader (with MS) very very happy!! That's a good feeling to be a part of that.
- I'll do it again next year in a heartbeat!!!
- I was given a handkerchief with the name of David on it. It had his information, name, address, telephone number, email. I am probably going to send him a note to let him I ran for him and had him in mind.
- I actually placed in my age division. First!! My time was also the best it's ever been. I'm especially proud of that. (Warning the linked pic is of me with NO make-up and post run.)
- Official chip time: 29:25 (5k is 3.1 miles).
- This first place medal goes out to the following three in a three way tie: Marty, my team leader and dear friend; David, whom I carried with me and haven't personally met; and another dear friend's mother who has MS. I've known them since elementary school and they are good people. Very good people!
- Next month I'm signed up for a 10k and 2 different 5k's. I would be ecstatic to see a better time out of one of those runs.
- Now, I shall go take a nap.
- I. Is. Sleepy.
Pic is of team leader, Marty, finishing the 5k walk. You go girl!!!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Now, for the hard part: Tomorrow I get up in the early morning and run the 5k. I have learned via our team captain that I am the only registered runner for our team. We have team tshirts, I will be wearing the orange tshirt. Bright orange!
I will also be given a bandanna that has been signed by someone with MS that I will be running with. This will be the thought of me running in place of someone else that can't. That's touching. It puts a whole new perspective on running this race.
I am used to just signing up for a race and running it. This one seems to have my meaning.
So good luck to all those running, walking or cheering on tomorrow. I'm right there with ya and will be looking forward to the coffee at the end! The last race I ran gave free beer at the end.
Mood: Running Chilly
Thursday, March 26, 2009
- Anyone remember Please Excuse My Aunt Sally's list? I use it, I just haven't thought of that phrase in forever.
- I just remembered that Thursday has arrived and it's Survivor night.
- I was at a meeting last week and dipped a chip into wasabi. Umm...that stuff is hot. Like really hot.
- I'm still trying to figure out why in the world I started rearranging my house in the first place.
- I will be attending an all day class of Time Management Friday. I'm excited about going.
- I like the option of scheduling posts to appear.
- I got carded last night in the self checkout lane when trying to use my credit card. Go figure.
- I've never been a fan of Jay Leno. I've always thought he's a little goofy. (And this is coming from me.)
- I could spend all day on the internet.
- I took the girls to eat Egyptian food last weekend for my birthday dinner with them.
- I ordered hummus for the girls to try (which I like) and my lil one actually said, "Hold on, I have to repair for this. Now, what kind of Egypt food is this?"
- My lil one never stops talking. Never. I'm trying to figure out where she got that from.
- My older child is wearing eye shadow....every chance she gets.
- I'm going to ground her now.
- I'm still disturbed on the boy I saw checking her out the other day.
- Can I lock her up as part of that grounding?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I was shocked to see around sixty people auditioning for various roles. I understand this was the second night of auditions with call backs on Thursday.
I got a call back today!!!
Unfortunately it was to explain I wasn't quite the look they were looking for. Bummer.
I don't really have any regrets from the audition. I'm not sure if I could have done anything different and unless I actually had suggestions or feedback from the director, then I'd rather not fret over it.
My girls and I have been reading Narnia and I hope to have The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe finished before the play opens. Surely we will. It would be neat to read the book, watch the movie and then see the play.
Until then, there is a part out there for me somewhere. I'm a believer in everything happens for a reason. It keeps me positive.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
So, we'll declare this Friday evening at 10pm as the cutoff, as far as the prize to the highest bidder goes. I asked my fan if they plan on throwing all their minimum wage to the cause, and I'm informed that they are planning to wait until Friday to see how much money they gotta put in to win. Ya know, that's not a bad idea. Friday night could get interesting.
I was ialso nformed via an email from the team captain that the top fund raiser on our team gets to wear a tiara. I'm tied for top person right now. I soooo want that tiara.
Pictured here is a cropped pic of the said bikini pic. That's the only peek you get.....unless you're the winner!! (Now, to the person that double, triple dog dared me to do this.......I feel so violated.)
Monday, March 23, 2009
- I mowed my front yard today. Yep, just the front yard. I can't do them both in one night with homework, cooking and cleaning. Downfall to the corner lot.
- I live surrounded by older people that pay companies to do their lawn care. I have the worst time keeping up.
- The old people to the left, I love them to pieces, but they installed a water sprinkler system last year. My lawn isn't looking so pretty with my water well's busted pipe. Dangit.
- I might have taken the go cart for a spin tonight. I adored seeing my girls giggling while cruising the neighborhood.
- It might take me a really really long time to teach them how to drive that thing! So I should probably be the driver for a little while.....how long can I get away with doing that?
- My birthday is tomorrow, I'll be 31. I've only asked for one present this year. That's it. Give cash there.
- My little ones are in the bath and I hear that crazy Taylor Swift song playing. Dear Jarhead, I blame you. I hadn't heard that song for all of Spring Break. You've jinxed my ears.
- We are paying cash to fix our above ground pool this year. Yea! Of course I priced a company to do the pool liner and they were offering to charge more than the liner, filter/pump system and ladder combined!
- I'm wondering which dog will accidentally fall in first.
- Speaking of spending cash, I went to Garden Ridge for the first time ever with my mother and kids. Oh my. That is one glorious store for the poor person. That place is cool. I venture to say its like a cleaner, organized, friendlier version of Big Lots.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
- I think I've had three people tell me (this week alone) that I'm ADD. Should I be worried?
- Three different guys at work today pulled me aside to tell me about this. hoax. I got two different texts from two different female friends telling me about it.
- I wonder if there were any female employees that refused to go to work at Wal-mart tonight because of the hoax.
- I attended my first ever beer thirty and discovered there is a lot of testosterone issues that I just completely don't understand.
- My i tunes is playing in the background and it just went from James Taylor to Outcast. I wonder about my musical taste sometimes.
- My birthday is Tuesday and I'll be 21 (for the tenth year in a row) and I'm in the best shape I've been in a long time.
- My youngest child is fixing to finish her very first year of school and there is no chance in heck I would start over with a baby right now. (And I love babies, children and loved the heck out of my pregnancies.)
- I'm working on a new hobby/project/side job that has huge potential. I'm very excited about it.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
So, I'm speeding down business 287 during my lunch hour to hurry up and get a speeding ticket paid for. I look off into the pasture of the cows grazing the country side and think what a nice peaceful scenery that makes during a hectic crazy day. I look away back towards my path of travel and realize that I just saw a cow with two more legs than it should have had.
A near whiplash of my neck brings my vision to squinting to the cow 100 yards away. How many feet? Yep, too many.
At that point I decided it could be either birthing a baby cow (isn't there a name for those things?), a marvel of some sort of strange scientific experiment, time to get glasses since I couldn't tell what the heck was going on from not a very faraway distance.....or possibly a combination of all. I'm awaiting the test results. Something just didn't seem natural about that cow.
The thing that got me the most was the debate in my head on whether or not to stop and help. Stop and help?
Oh dear....."Come here little cowie, cowie.....Kbuggie's here to help. Now just relax and breathe....hee, hee, hee, hee, hee...." I then decided I should ease off the late night drugs I must be doing in my sleep.
Back to work I went.
Mood: Feeling deranged.
Monday, March 16, 2009
The girls are going to an my brother's house for half the week and then to hang with their dad for the second half of the week. So I figure while they are gone is the best time for him to go to the vet for the week. When they all get back home they can take care of him.
His absence as man of the house will not be easy on me, for I won't have that safe warm feeling while he's gone. His backyard partner will also be lost and not have anyone to play gladiator with.
But he's getting the treatment he terribly needs, I'll visit everyday. I'll welcome him home BIG TIME when I pick his sweet little heart up.
Mood: Already missing him.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Is to give money to this organization. ***by March 28th***
A dear friend, Marty Sherman, that I cherish and look up to has MS, yet she goes on and doesn't slow down for a second. She is a wonderful mother/wife, an amazing actress, an outstanding director, and to me--a superb friend. If I could just be one tenth the person she is I would be so much better than I ever wished. Yep, she's that cool. She gets the kbuggie stamp of approval!
So, she has this MS team that I have joined to do the 5k run. I quickly learned how easy it was to join the site and help in the fund raising. This is one of those causes that is so worth it.
And for my birthday this year (March 24), I just hope and pray you will click on that donate button and give some money....even if it is $5. I would heart you so very much. No present, no wrapping, no card, just money. Your money as a group will help. I bragged about you. Come on, you don't even have to give your name if you don't want to.
**Has a sidenote.** If there are $1,000 in donations under my profile tab, then I will post a pic of me in a bikini for 30 days starting the day of the run. (And it's one hawt pic.) How's that for motivation.? To the person that gives the most, I'll give you an autographed print of me in that bikini (even if there isn't $1000.)
If you sign up to run, then I'll race ya......I'm not worried....or should I be?
Mood: Celebrating for my birffday.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
So my littlest one adores this song and can't get enough. She was trying to say part of the words but was getting them wrong. I tried to sing it acapella and my daughter hollered at me, "Mom, STOP you don't have the tune. At. All."
I think I actually hollered back, "hey I haven't heard this song in forever I can't remember how it goes."
So, lil Miss Simon Cowell wanna be....don't be so harsh!!
Side Note: She sang a verse of too after we got the words right and her tone was fairly near perfect. I was quite shocked how well she sounded. We may have to work on that. I keep saying that apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Watch out Taylor Swift....my lil one is right behind ya!
Mood: Buying (add song to itunes).
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
My birffday is ...... sigh....... rapidly approaching like a freight train.... and I am working on the one thing I really, really, really want for my birffday. You know who can give it to me?? YOU!! Yes, you, the wonderful people (intelligent people) that come back time and time again to read my blog. Have I told you how good you look today? Quit looking over your shoulder. Yes, you!
Too many times I have had sad birffdays where I just wanted a little recognition. A little love. A little Kbuggie celebration. I hoped others would read my little, feeble mind and make my birffday wishes come true. Not this year!
No way, Jose! I will NOT leave dreams and wishes of this great year up for chance. I will work hard this weekend to make it very very easy for you to help each other make my biggest ever birffday wish come true.
What's in it for you? My hapiness. I'm really putting myself out there on this request so I'm hoping with big piles of hope topped on top of my hope that you'll pull through. You can do it. I believe in you!!
(Now, let me not get hit by a bus over the weekend. That would be bad timing. I'll need to go ahead and reschedule that for a couple of months away. Thanks.)
My birfday isn't for another couple of weeks, so this will be an early birfday present. Stay tuned. Keep on heartin' me. I heart you.
Mood: Wishful Thinking.
What's on my Ipod? What does the Great Kbuggie tap her toes to?
Well, by all means, I must spill the musical notes onto the table and let you sneak a peek:
1. Hurricane-Tyler Burkham
2. Can't Take My Eyes Off You-Tingsek
4. Wake Up Call-Maroon 5
5. Butterfly-Crazy Town
7. I Walk The Line-Johnny Cash
8. Not like that-Ashley Tisdale
9. Kiss Me-Avril Lavigne
10. Lost and Found-Randy Rogers Band
I have a wide array of musical sounds that I like to listen to. All good stuff. I also have a couple of books and podcasts in there too. I have the toughest time listening to my ipod at work because I'm a singer. I love to sing out the songs....its so incredibly hard to refrain.
Mood: Tap, Tap, Tappity, Tap, Tap, Tapping
So back here I am. I am back. Miss me? Of course ya did!
So that's all I have to say about that. -Gump, Forest Gump.
Mood: Catching up.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
In honor of the, still young, 30 year old CD, I'll share some musical history from my life:
-I had a record player as a kid in my bedroom. It was the coolest thing ever!
-I lived in a furnished shack, in my early twenties, that had a working eight track player in the living room.
-I had the Alvin and the Chipmunks 8-track as a little girl.
-I remember my mom having a Barry Manilo 8-track. (Ewww....Barry Manilo.)
Great things were hatched in March.......(that's foreshadowing for another post.) Hmm....wonder what other great things happened in history during this great month?
Past quitting time I was feeling like this website when I realized we had to go by Walmart or skip breakfast in the morning: http://www.twoangrycamelsinacar.com/ . Mr. Camel and Mr. Other Camel, I feel your pain. I think. Then again, I've never been an angry camel with another camel and stuck in a car. So maybe I don't feel your pain.
Mood: Letting Go.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Sigh..... I've heard more giggling and squealing than I ever thought I could at the same time.
If I go crazy, climb a tree and sit patiently with a water gun, I promise to upload pics of the victims.
For now....wish me much luck and may the force be with me.
-Two different guys this week have told me that I am original and entertain them. I'm not sure exactly what that means. I haven't decided if that's good or bad.
-I've been in the process of getting a tattoo removed for a year now by laser treatments. I need to schedule another treatment but each treatment hurts like....&$#%!. I've been chicken, but I'll schedule one next week. Guy at work sees my tattoo and advised that 'they butchered it'.
-I put shorts on yesterday when we got home from work. My younger kiddo looks at me, puts a hand on one hip and says, "Mother, I told you last week that Spring does NOT start until Sunday. What do you think you're wearing?" Apparently my child has clothing rules.
(I stole this conversational idea from Mr. Pat Dohoney.)
It was a good romantic comedy with a happy ending. No surprises, no twists or turns or big mysteries. It wasn't as good as The Notebook, but I did let a sigh or two out during those romantic moments. There were even a couple of times where I laughed out loud.
The theater was packed. We got there right on time and sat in the second from the front Three rows behind us sat two guys that were blatantly ignoring the movie theater seating man rule of leave a space between. Then again...packed theater. Then I heard one of them laugh. Oh my.
Review: Good movie. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again or buy it but I would stop and watch it if it was replayed on the cable.
Mood: Good. Just Good.
Friday, March 6, 2009
After work, I arrived home to find 18 text messages, 3 missed calls and 2 voice mails. One of the voice mails was from a missed call following up on three text messages that I didn't respond to.
Speaking of dates, I have the best one planned for this evening. The movie tavern dinner/movie with two of my home's finest little girls. They were given a choice of either Coraline or the Shopaholic. I'm here to confess that we will be watching Isla Fisher.
I had a post to post last night and actually fell asleep in my chair. We have a zillion things to do this weekend. I'm already exhausted. If you're lucky, I won't desert you again like I did last night. Forgive me. I do heart you. I really really do.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
I will now share with you part of my incredibly long list....
- Must be taller than me (at least by 3 inches)
- Must like to be intimate. (hugging, holding hands, snuggling)
- Must be mature...well, at least slightly more than myself.
- Must like children...I have several that refer to me as mama-buggie.
- Must like technology and know how to use it.
- Must be Christian and be prepared to act like it (my flock of children learn by example.)
- Must be sociable and like to participate in theatre. (For it will make me millions someday.)
- Must have be financially stable (knowing how to reconcile a checkbook is a start)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be a handy man, enjoy yard work, enjoy exercise.
- Must be a sensible eater and enjoy cooking (and/or a good actor to say yum after I create something weird.)
- Must like to argue if I'm wrong and acknowledge the many times I'm right.
So, basically if I keep my list really, really, really long then I can pretty much not get one that will fit into all the requirements. I can keep every single guy at a safe distance and be happy comfortable that I won't get hurt. That's probably not the best way to go about dating, but its what's in my little head for now.
Note: the title of this post was #1 on the list of strange collections. Navel fluff collection? Really? And I thought, I was strange.
I'm ok with the #2 item, but my flying experiences makes me appreciate those bags in a different way.
Mood: Safe and Picky.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I get a call from a friend about a guy who has a crush on lil ole me. He saw me in the last play (the one where I "acted" as a pregnant gal). I'm not sure if he's seen me before or not.
So far, I've learned from my friend that called tonight:
-Mr. Chili's works in the same town (that I live and work in)
-friend has known him from the gym for several months (works out?...hmmm.....)
-seems mentally stable (don't we all with the right medication)
-has a good job (but friend can't remember where or what)
-and is close to my age (uhh... guy is younger than me--I'm not sure what to think of that)
I might have possibly have already heard about this guy from the mother of one of my stage children. She talked of a guy with a similar description that came to the play.
Now, how is it that there is a guy out there that has a crush on kbuggie and she remains absolutely clueless? Blonde? Wait. Don't answer that....yes, she realizes she's clueless. She claim s its part of her charm.
Oh, and Mr. Chili's gets his name, thanks to friend-caller that suggests to meet the guy at Chili's as a starter to see if there is anything there. It's a possibility, but I'm not still not sure about the age thing. Its always been a rule of mine to stick with someone older than myself.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Poor him is gonna have to be at the vet for a week and then on puppy bed rest for another 2-3 weeks. Right now, he's outside doing his daily routine of running and playing tag with the girls around the back yard.
Bless his wormy little sickly heart. Ugh.
(Pic is actual dog.)
I actually got through the discussion of Mr. Benji and his disease with my older daughter. I think the part that truly touched me was when she said very seriously and slightly upbeat, "Oh, it'll be ok, I've been praying for him."
Sunday, March 1, 2009
OK, guy #2. What can we say about him.
Looks: Mr. Artsy is not bad on the eyes. He is 6'4", skinny, and has really really pretty hazel eyes.
Brains: Boy has brains and quick wit. Impressive. He is a graphic design artist with talent. I was very impressed with his creativity and knowledge of photoshop. I would love to know more of that photoshop thingy-a-bopper.
Personality: More of an introvert than outgoing, claims to be shy...but he wasn't extremely shy. The quick wit is hard to come by in a person and I really do believe that is something I possess and something I'd like in my other half.
Special Attribute: Cool, calm and collected.
Date: Well we didn't make it that far. We met on the computer, exchanged emails, google chatted, skpye talked and then texted back and forth. Our personalities just seemed to fit well. It's very nice to have someone "get" your sense of humor. We were toying the idea of a date a couple of weekends from now (I've got kids next weekend) but decided last night to meet for some ice cream. When we met in person we exchanged a hug right off the bat. Yum, I love hugs....his hug was perfect.
Two blizzards ordered and we chit chatted. But that's just it, there wasn't any big flirting going on. This was an odd feeling for me. I decided being flirtacious just wasn't his style. The meeting was nice, but that's just it. It was nice.
Next day: Nothing. No email, no text, no missed call. I sent him a text message stating I lost him.
He responded with 'I thoroughly enjoyed talked but just didn't get a spark.'
(He's on crack. I'm ridiculously good looking...how do you not get a spark with me?)
Honestly, he's a good guy, good heart, honest, smart and good looking. I do wish him well and hope he finds that spark he's looking for. She'll be a lucky gal and you just can't beat a relationship with someone and feeling that 'spark'. It makes everything entirely worth it.
Mood: not discouraged.
-I'd like to post the closed poll as a post but I don't know how. I'm also way too lazy at this moment to ask my bff google how she would do it.
-I'll probably hit the edit button and delete later today.
-The final answer to the mood question......the mood stays.
- I didn't see as many spectators as I did last year.
- Last year someone was standing holding a box of kleenex's.
- I would have given my left knee cap for a kleenex during that race yesterday. I left mine in the station wagon.
- I chew gum while excersing. My gum didn't make it to mile 2. That made me very unhappy.
- Last year and this year there has been some one passing out tootsie rolls. I took one every time. It wasn't gum...but you try chewing on a tootsie roll while running. It's pretty close.
- I didn't train for this one like I did last year with a daily training schedule.
- I am still very very sore and didn't stretch before or after.
- I went straight to Dallas afterward to watch a classical concert at the Dallas Arts District.
- Its time for new running shoes. Mine have way too many miles on them.
- The day after and my knees, hips and lower back are all still sore. I blame the no stretching.
- I'm going to run at another one somewhere else, but will follow a schedule this time.
- I left off the "N" in the last Marathon Post. I blame the lack of O2 going to my brain.