Wednesday, June 30, 2010
· Hello, Wednesday…….how you doin’?
· Is there anyone out there that is somewhat interested that today is the day Eclipse comes out? Would you be excited for me if I told ya that I’m going to actually go join the craziness tonight and catch a showing? I already purchased tickets and the big girl and I are going to brave the line ahead of time to make sure we get good seats.
· Of course, that might make me a very tired person this week. Very. I needed one more thing to squeeze into my crazy schedule this week.
· This week is Tech Week at the play. We run all the way through the play every night and make sure all the sound effects, lighting and props are what the director envisioned when doing this play.
· There are three of us running the tech booth. I’m out all next week on vacation and another one is out the week after. The director was wise enough to pull a third techie in …. Just. In. Case. It’s a little crowded at that table – but the peace of mind knowing that there are three people that can run the booth is priceless….especially for the director.
· This is my first time as a stage manager and I’m not sure I’ve done the best job. (Of course, I didn’t anticipate getting married during the course of the show….but – you think I’m gonna complain about that? Heck no, not even for a second!)
· It does feel like a second job though…..and I’m not even the director. He’s been working triple time on this show…which really shows. He’s gained our trust and respect from his past experience onstage and backstage. It also helps that he has such a patient, calm and encouraging attitude also….but still down to business. Great guy and this will be a great show!
· I still can’t believe I’ll miss the opening night….I feel really bad. I’ll be laying in the sun with my new hubby on a warm beach for all of next week – while they are preparing for the most stressful moment of the show. Opening Night.
· Great…I mentioned beach. Now I’m distracted again…..the bright sun, heavy air, warm breeze, soft sand, crashing waves….sigh. Is it time yet? Is it time yet?
· I’ll be boarding a plane in three days. (I’m not counting today….it makes it seem closer.)
· Quick Sharing of A Giggle over my little one: She loooves to pretend to be asleep in the car when we pull up at home so I’ll carry her in, put her in bed, and lean down to kiss her forehead….just as she hollars out, “Got Ya! I was fake sleeping!!” She did that last night to me….again. It drives me crazy (cause I am now carrying her upstairs) but it still makes me laugh everytime she does it. She’s sooo gonna be an actress! Ahhh..just like her mama!
· Happy Wednesday….I’ll keep ya updated on the Eclipse insanity later from the theater. (Can’t wait.)
· Hey….and today is my 5th day as a happy, happy married gal. Whew…5 days! It feels like it was just yesterday when I walked down that isle!
Monday, June 28, 2010
We were picked up by a limo, taken to the chapel and married at 10:00 in the morning Saturday. It was sweet, stress free and really fun. It was absolutely perfect for the two of us.
For lunch afterward we celebrated at Wolfgang Puck Restaurant in the Venetian where we stayed. It was delicious and wonderful!
I’ll post more on Vegas over the next couple of days to share some of what we saw.
For now, here is one of my favorite pictures of the aftermath.
So now, it will get really crazy because I am kinda living between two houses…mine in Decatur (which will go up for sale) and his in Fort Worth. We go on vacation in less than a week and the play will be opened when we get back. Sheesh, I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
For now, I get to get to work and get payroll turned in and catch up on Friday – while getting prepared for to being off for a week.
I’m in such a good mood that I won’t even mention my normal gripe for my lack of love for The Monday.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
- Traveling somewhere with a different time zone can be very confusing.
- I've made it to.....Nevada! Las Vegas, Nevada.
- I'm trying hard to tweet my path -- but my twitter app isn't so much on my HTC HERO that stinks. Stinks bad. Ugh. (Yep...I angry at my crazy phone!)
- I was so happy to know I was so prepared for this weekend when I realized I was 40 minutes from home - and supposed to be at the airport in 4 hours, still had to get my nails done and I left my SINUS INFECTION antibiotics at home....along with the nose spray thingie and new allergy pills that were working so great.
- Yep - I went back...Huge. Quickly.
- I'm still a bad plane passenger, but I think I'm getting better. A little bit.
- Today's plane ride, I had the pleasure of sitting in the seat next to a very large guy. He was 1/3 of the way into my seat. I felt bad for him because he seemed sooo uncomfortable in the way he was sitting.
- ...time to go....I have empty belly and we are going to check out a certain Government Building...that just happens to be open 24 hours a day. Good grief, why would they stay open that late?!
- Crazy talk.
- More updates soon....unless you are facebook friend of mine, then you'll get pics, and more stuff quicker.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
- Oh my goodness, it's already Thursday? Wow - this week has flown by way faster than usual!
- The little kittens, Nana and I went shopping last night. It was fun. I found a cute dress. Now, if I could just find a place/event to wear it.
- I woke up yesterday feeling really really icky. My runny nose, sneezing and sore throat are about to do me in. I eneded up deciding to get a doctor appointment so I don't feel crummy over the weekend and spoil any festivities planned.
- It's a good thing I did because it turns out I had a sinus infection, swollen throat and irritated nose. They gave me a shot, antibiotics, new allergy pills and some nose spray. That outta fix me up. Oh and I think they said to stay in bed for a couple of days to rest up. I did take the medicine though.
- I met the grandparents for the kids to go with a day early. I really didn't want to...but I'm exhausted and know I'm boring them to pieces.
- We lucked out with our dentist appointments - I went to mine and the little one's doctor had an openeing while we were there. Little one's appointment was scheduled for tomorrow - so heck ya, I'll take them up on a day earlier appointment.
- While sitting in the McDonald's parking lot waiting for them to show up...my little says, "don't you think its so romantic out here?" We were sitting at Western Center Boulevard and Hwy 35W. Crazy kid.
- Moving is stressful. You know how much stuff is involved when moving? I'm excited and worn out just thinking about it.
- Big things always seem to take place when I'm involved in a play. Speaking of.....it opens on the 9th of July. I will be there maybe on the 10th, and definitely for the rest of the shows.
- Don't forget I told ya Liberally Lean is the sponsor for the show on the 17th.
- Ok - now I'm off to work. Yummy - I get to play with payroll today....I'm gonna try and get as much done as possible since I'll be off tomorrow.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- I'm a little distracted this week but I'm in a fantastic GREAT mood.
- I had a great weekend and spent lots of talking time with alot of family.
- I can't tell you what a tough time I had concentrating on work this week. It has been torture.
- I'm taking Friday off - which I never do because of payroll - but I might be going out of town this weekend.
- I know you hate suspense.....but I'll tell ya allll about it when we get back. ;-)
- It seems I'm going to be moving. You see....Anobiter moved to Wise County and I've decided this county just isn't big enough for the both of us! ;-) (Kidding.)
- Really, I'm packing up my little kittens and moving to Fort Worth. We are very excited.
- Dogs? Well - they won't be making the trip with us....the new house does not have the backyard for them, so they are going to need a new home.
- So, who wants to buy my house and/or take in my dogs? We have a female Siberian Husky and a male Bensenji/Chiwahaha mix.
- Having kids home from camp has been great....they've been making messes, picking on each other, and driving me crazy. ;-) I love it!
- I have a dentist appointment today. I'm never a fan of the dentist. Ick. Dentist....nice folks, but I'm a baby.....even if it is for a cleaning.
- I'm tired of the head cold/allergy attack that I have going on. One side of my nose is runny and the other is stopped up....that drives me crazy! Don't even get me started on the sore throat from all the drainage. Ouch!
- I'm ready for a new phone. The HTC Hero just isn't for me. At All. I'm just a little lazy and have a crazy schedule going on right now and have been trying to "deal" with its problems...but I'm running out of patience.
- Happy Wednesday!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I think the best part is around 2:22 and gets even better after that!
I had no idea he had moves like that! That's pretty darn impressive, if you ask me.
· It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood….won’t you be my neighbor?
· Wanna guess where I’m going tonight? Well, I’m gonna tell ya anyway. Band Camp to hear the end of the week concert and then bring my sweet little girls home. Yay!!
· I got some sweet supportive comments yesterday after I mentioned all my turmoil this week. I was very appreciative to get those. J
· I’m kinda considering the 5k this weekend that benefits CASA. Undecided.
· I’ve been so stuck on the scale for almost 2 weeks and it’s driving me crazy. I know that I’m starting to gain muscle in new places thanks to the increased amount of taebo I’ve been doing, but still…I wanna see a certain number on the scale and I am sooo close to it. Driving me crazy!
· My shin is starting to act up again. This time I probably won’t decide to wake up and run 17 miles on it. (I might have ‘over-trained’ last year.)
· I got a very sweet apology email from an unexpected source. I was kinda in shock upon first reading it and now I’m not sure how to respond.
· Speaking of sweet, I have a terrific mother. It’s always nice to know you can call your mother and just gripe, whine and moan over the telephone. It’s even better when she’s a good listener, has witty responses and great advice.
· Speaking of parental units….I got the perfect Father’s Day card for my dad about three weeks ago – but I have no clue on what to get him. He is the WORST in the world to shop for. It’s the biggest challenge to come up with a gift that’ll he appreciate annnnd get use out of. I’m struggling.
· I’m in a much better mood today and yesterday turned around quite a bit for the better. I found out part of the underlying problem between another person and myself. I feel better. The trust is still there. My world is happy again.
· Oh, and don’t forget to plan on attending Tuesdays With Morrie. It’s an awesome play. J
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I've seen The Wizard of Oz, I've seen Return to Oz (Dorthy's journey back to Oz) and recently I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Wicked (the back story of how every one came to be) at Dallas Fair Park. Now I find this short movie "Heartless" (centers around the Tin Man) and I am very interested to watch it too. I read a great review ("simply outstanding storytelling") for it and the flick seems to be less than 25 minutes long. The music (I watched about five minutes of it) sounds pretty good too -- although nothing like Wicked.
If you watch it - let me know what ya think.
· This entire week so far has not been very good. My first clue should have been waking up and throwing up an empty stomach on Monday morning when I’m supposed to be driving my youngen to her first ever band camp.
· After leaving her (and having the worst time doing so) I was about 45 minutes away and received a text from her. She was already home sick. I had done so well up until that point at not crying. I sobbed all over that steering wheel. It took all I had to not turn around and pick her back up.
· I know it’s terrible – but this is the first time I’ve left her at a function like this and not attended with her. She’s been with family before while away from me – but not at a camp this long. My boss is amused at this entire concept. His son went to a camp when he was in 1st grade. Ugh….
· I even went so far as to make both her and her roommate demonstrate that their dorm keys worked and they could both unlock and lock the door. I even lectured both of them on being safe, never going anywhere alone, not talking to strangers, to pray, to be good girls…..I can’t imagine what the poor roommate thought. My kid? She knows the routine – let me rant and lecture for a minute and I’ll feel a tiny bit better.
· I don’t even wanna think about her driving or going to college. There were other moms that were smart enough to stay nearby in a hotel to be extra close. Lucky dogs. That’s not quite in my budget.
· My younger youngen got to hang with a friend for two days and go to VBS – she loved it. I picked her up from VBS last night and she was in a so-so kind of mood. She’s my kid that can never stay awake passed 9:00.
· We met her grandparents half way between their house and mine for her to get to hang out with them for one on one time while big Sis is at camp. When it was time to leave her with them – she started crying. She didn’t want to leave. She wanted to stay with me. She cried and pleaded for twenty minutes. I should have known this would happen – it’s passed her bed time and she’s been apart from me for two days having fun. She’s a momma’s girl. I sobbed after leaving her too. It didn’t take long to start thinking I should have just sucked up the daycare cost for that one day. One day.
· Of course, I know that once she wakes up today, she’ll have a blast all day.
· At least I felt healthier yesterday than I did Monday. Today? Well, that’s another story entirely.
· I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to be accused of something you didn’t do, couldn’t do, wouldn’t want to do and be completely incapable of convincing the one person that matters they are wrong. So wrong. I’m feeling helpless.
· I wanna go back to bed.
· Oh – and to add to my wonderful week – my phone, the HTC Hero, is a piece of junk. Once again the phone has failed me. I’m beyond frustrated with it. The screen is not working AGAIN.
· On my way to work – I hear a really weird noise that I have no clue what it could be. When I got to work I looked at all four tires and then noticed something hanging from underneath the car. Some sort of plastic cover that was bolted on both sides to cover the underside of the very front of the car (maybe to protect the radiator/fan/belt area from debris kicked up from the road)….it is hanging by one bolt. That should make for a fun time later trying to get it either bolted back or ripped off.
· Yep – that’s just what I needed today. At this moment, I’m feeling drained.
· I’m not in a very good mood. Can you tell?
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
· Helllo, Friday. I am sooo happy to see you! Why? Well, because I get to eat chips and salsa tonight. On the other hand, little girls go with Mr. Dad today.
· When they get home Sunday, they turn right around and leave again. One to band camp and the other to VBS every evening. I have a love/hate relationship with the summer.
· Speaking of summer, I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to have cold in the middle of June. It’s blazing hot outside and I’m sneezing and sniffling.
· Speaking of summer, I have a trip arranged coming up and the destination is to another country. I might be panicking just a tad because I can’t remember where the heck I put my passport. Notagood.
· So, my sweet, doggie has been acting very strange this week. She’s dug a hole underneath the shed and she really really doesn’t like to come out. When she does come out she walks funny and she’s grumpy. She’s also really really mad at our other dog – who is fixed and 1/10th her size. She glares at him and snarls that lip of hers. She’s either pregnant – and I have nooo idea how that would be possible since she hasn’t gotten out in the last 63 days, or she’s hurt or sick somehow. Either way, we go to the vet today to figure out this mystery. (Please, please, please – don’t be pregnant.)
· I am co-stage managing a play that opens next month. Tuesday’s with Morrie is an excellent play. I read the book before hand and cried at the end of it. There was not a surprise ending but I cried anyway. I am very excited about the cast and crew involved…..awesome talent, creativity and very fun to be around. I will be stage managing the weekend of July the 16th, so you really really need to come out and see it!
· Each performance will be sponsored by a local business. Can you believe the fine folks over at Liberally Lean are sponsoring the show on the 17th?
· Speaking of fine folks, I saw a video last night of 13 year old Kayla Manson saying a c-word on The Today Show. She was repeating what a couple of text messages had said. I could have sworn I had read somewhere that it wasn’t censored when it aired yesterday. Here is the shortened uncensored version. It’s (after a word from the sponsor) about the 30 second mark. Here is the link from Today’s website with the whole 9 minute segment. I’m not even sure the girl knows what that actually means. The whole story is incredibly sad. I have a 12 year old. I couldn’t imagine her being involved in something like this.
· Ok – on with your Friday.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
…sooo, imagine my surprise to drive by Decatur’s brand new location at 4:30 yesterday to see the parking lot is almost packed (including the pooleece - man).
Don’t be surprised if you don’t bump into me there. Ever.
Oh…and PS – don’t tell my kids that place is open. Please. Thank you, we'll have your total at the next window.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
· Another day of sneezing, sneezing, sneezing. I went to tan yesterday, laid down in the little tanning bed, got comfy, let out a sigh of work day melting away and got the nasal feeling. Here we go. I’m thinking I’ll probably let out two or three sneezes….nope…my sneezing went on for three minutes just back to back.
· So all this sneezing and a runny nose has caused my poor throat to feel like it’s on fire from all the drainage. Ouch. No fever though – so this is either a little cold or an allergy attack that is lasting a couple of days.
· Either way, I’ve had enough already. I’m on a tight schedule and don’t have time for feeling icky.
· I didn’t even do any tae bo last night annnd I barely mowed any of my lawn. I’m addicted to both of those activities. I spent most of my evening on the couch with no energy and feeling the medicine head.
· Glee’s season ended last night. I was a bit disappointed over the ending…it wasn’t supposed to happen that way. Those kids were supposed to win! Dangit.
· Oh well, at least I still have the bachelorette to watch for a bit longer. After that is over I may be forced to watch the news….
· A friend of mine switched from the iphone to an android. Already this person has figured out more than I have…..and I’ve had a six month head start.
· I have yet to conquer the concept of tethering with the phone. If I could pull it off, I would be very happy. It shouldn’t be too hard. I think. I hope.
· There is a guy at work that is going to end up driving me batty! We don’t have any music to listen to, only the sounds of the office – coffee maker, copier, someone typing. It’s not a very big office and you can hear just about everything.
· Everyday at lunch he eats soup. He slurps this soup very very loudly and very very slowly. He will spend his entire 30 minute lunch slurping. Since I’m a wuss, I sit and don’t stay a word. Yesterday, I almost did. He’s taken up singing some foreign song and it doesn’t seem to sound as if it is in tune. Hmpfh, people.
· I may go crazy one day.
· Speaking of crazy, I’ve been listening to The Ticket more and more in the mornings on the way to work. The Gordon Keith….or Keith Gordon is a funny guy and pretty smart too. I end up laughing out loud while I’m driving down the road. This morning at the red light, I look over at the next car and they were giggling at me. I was busted laughing in the car by myself. At least I wasn’t singing and dancing in the car.
· Two more days until the beautiful Friday that will lead to me laying in bed Saturday morning and sleeping in. Happiness is in my near future.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
· I am going to pretend as if Monday is not really here and it’s really Tuesday.
· Two things missing in my work world: shorts/capris and music. We don’t have any music in our office at all and some days that could drive me insane. I work in the construction world…no shorts allowed. Booo. I wear blue jeans and steel toe shoes. Double boo. Don’t even get me started on what a dork I look like in a hard hat.
· We did some crazy swimming this weekend. My older daughter spent very near the entire day in the pool.
· My brother was supposed to come down this last weekend but he is having car issues, the wife’s car broke down and she kinda sorta can’t be left without transportation to/from work. Just kinda. So fine, they didn’t come. L I was hoping to see them open their next care package in person. It has a special summer treat in it. I would tell you what it is but they have inkernet at home and I can’t risk spoiling the surprise.
· Recently I read through Dear John and loved the book. I finally got to see the movie this weekend. It was great but there was so much insight missing from the movie that the John character was thinking that you learn in the book. I was also a little surprised to see that the ending was different in the movie than the book and I’m really not sure which I liked better.
· I’m still reading In Cold Blood, and I understand there were a couple of movies made about it.
· Friday night I had the chance to go watch the Indy Truck Racing from a Suite at Texas Motor Speedway. That was fantastic! The Suite had endless food and beverage….and the best red velvet cake I’ve ever tasted. Really good stuff. I’m not sure there should be any way to watch a race over there. Now if I could just find out what the suites are like at The Dallas Cowboy Stadium…..life would be good!
· I got a call from a person this weekend from my biggest hater of all time asking if my girls and I wanted to go on a quick trip via plane to Shreveport and ride up and down the boardwalk in a limo. This was extremely odd and puzzling considering this person seriously does not like me in the least bit. This person loves to leave vulgar, mean messages through comments on this blog and loves to say anything negative they can to anyone that is listening. I have a feeling I would have gotten “accidently” left in another state. Did they really think I would naïve enough to fall for that?
· People are weird. Just plain weird.
Friday, June 4, 2010
· Oh my, oh my, oh my. Last day of school. I may want to cry.
· Ok, so maybe I won’t cry, but I do envy every teacher out there who is off for the summer. I should have been a teacher.
· We actually woke up extra super duper early today and made our trip to the donut shop. It’s a tradition on the first and last day of school. We’ve also starting making it a Friday tradition if we get up early enough to go. Last Friday we didn’t get to because a certain little girl fell asleep with gum in her mouth….that got stuck just nicely in her extremely thick hair. She was notahappy!
· I’ve kept up with my exercising and getting my beach/swim suit body ready. I’m telling ya – tae bo is the way to do it. Good grief, that Billy Blanks kicks my booty! I’ll end up sweating a ton in the first 15 minutes.
· Last night I actually (finally) made it all the way through the workout with him. At the end I was stunned, I couldn’t believe it.
· I actually curled my hair today. Woo hoo! I’m a hey now (until about 9am when the curls all fall out)!
· I have three of these. Halo moles. One was on my chest – I had almost completely forgotten about it – but it showed up about 4 years ago and now it is completely gone. The two others are in the same spot right next to each other on the upper corner of my armpit. That drives me crazy. I always feel really self conscious if my shirt doesn’t cover them. I almost feel like who ever I’m talking to is just staring at them. I feel like a freak. Kinda. I know it’ll go away in a couple of years, but in the mean time – it’s driving me crazy.
· I’m going to the Indy Truck Racing tonight at the Texas Motor Speedway and we get to watch the race in a fancy suite. I’m kinda excited. It’s a mama and girls weekend – but both girls have slumber parties tonight and my brother isn’t going to get to come down – so off I go to the Speedway.
· Back to the working out. The tae bo DVD I’ve had for awhile finally gave out on me last week. It was scratched up pretty bad and kept skipping or freezing up. When I went to Sports Academy to buy a new one – they didn’t have any. So, fine, I picked another. I went with Dancing With The Stars workout instead. I was kind of excited. I get home and start that bad boy right up. (The male Latin dancer is pretty good looking.) When I start in on the DVD I notice the camera angles are trying to get creative by showing you different views of all the people in the workout. That’s great BUT, every time they changed the angle or view it would throw me off.
· When I retire from being a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, international supermodel and an A-List actress and I do my work out DVD to sell to the masses….I am going to have a split screen. On one side, the angle will stay the same of one person showing their full body so you can learn all the steps without having to worry about the angle or view changing. The other side of the screen can have the creative shots of the entire group. Did any of that make any sense?
· And no, I’m not too old to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I can pull that off. My mom and dad told me when I was an itty bitty girl that I could be anything I wanted. So there. My parents wouldn’t fib to me.
· K-enjoy the Friday. I heart you all.
· Oh….P.S. I might have been a little behind on my estrogen shot. I was kinda sorta….three weeks over due. I’m in a MUCH better mood today! I even heart my mean cranky old hater out there.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Conversation at work:
CoWorker: I’ll bring that to ya after work, is that ok? It’s not too late, is it?
Me: Nah, that’s fine. No biggie.
CoWorker: Yay, ole So-n-So is over helping WhosIt. They are like two peas in a pot.
Me: Huh? Did you just say poD or poT?
CoWorker: PoT with a ‘T’. You ain’t never heard that sayin’ before?
Me: Do you know what peas actually come in?
CoWorker: Well, yea, they come in a …… ohhhhh……is that what that saying means?
Me: Wow. Way to go, Smartie Pants.
Coworker: hahaha, I guess I just completely messed that up! I could be blonde! Ummm…no offense to you, of course.
CoWorker: Now, wait a second, peas could go in a pot too, ya know. There would just be more than two. So, really, I could get away with saying that either way with a pot or a pod.
Me: (Shaking head in disbelief) Well, I guess ya got me there, didn’t ya?
Point of this? Well, it just goes to show that I’m not the dingiest person in the world. I feel hope.