Wednesday, October 27, 2010
(And I double swear I did NOT giggle at the 1:00 mark. That would probably be wrong.)
Charlie and Spike are two kittens with myotonia congenita, otherwise known as 'fainting goat' syndrome.
At the slightest sound, the kittens respond by collapsing and falling into a rigid paralysis, which lasts about a minute before they return to normal.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Immediately I thought of the new google tv and was excited about everything that it can do….
BUT we have AT&T Uverse and I don’t think they’ll work together. From what I’ve read – the new google tv will only work with DISH Network.
Monday, October 25, 2010
· I spend a lot of time at work staring at the computer screen while it thinks. A lot of time.
· Monday back at home. Good ole’ Texas. Yeehaw.
· This weekend was really nice. The drive was looong, but not bad. Don’t tell my husband, but I think the return trip back was actually record time.
· On the way there, we didn’t quite take off as early as I planned…..so we weren’t at Grandma and Papa’s sitting in front of the TV to watch the Ranger’s play. We could still get the play by play action on the radio until we hit Texarkana and completely lost it.
· Thankfully, hubbie had my guilt-driven quick reaction/thinking to remedy the situation. It would have been better to see it live on tv, but sitting in the car as all four of us held our breaths up until the very last was pretty cool.
· Mother’s flight turned into an adventure as the Little Rock airport was evacuated due to a tornado. After all was clear and ok, she had to go back through security. Eek! She did eventually make it home A-OK last night.
· Cousin went through with the wedding, had an incredible turn out, looked gorgeous and happy. I’m glad we went.
· Plus, my older daughter, spotted a lit candle catching nearby greenery on fire. I jumped up, hit another cousin to get a move on to help, and we got it put out before anyone knew any better. It was entertaining.
· I got really excited when the preacher introduced the new Mr. and Mrs. to the full chapel and the stage lights started flashing along with the music of Happy Together. I really thought they were going to break out with a dance routine similar to another that went viral. Nope, no crazy dancing in the church. Drat. I should have known better…Church of Christ – no dancing. There was dancing at the reception though.
· The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and swimming in the grandparent’s pool that Papa had warmed and ready for the weekend.
· Our sweet little Precious puppy was extremely well behaved all weekend. No accidents at all.
· I still can’t believe she did as well as she did in the car. She didn’t whine at all.
· I didn’t even pig out like crazy on food this weekend. I found a stash of Slim Fast shakes at Grandma’s so passing on the temptation of food, goodies and cake was a little easier.
· All in all it was a pretty good weekend.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Maybe Dwight Shrute's coworkers from The Office will be a bit nicer to him after seeing that video.
Dwight: What weapon?
Andy: My bare hands.
Dwight: That is stupid. I will use a sword and I will cut off your bare hands.
Andy: Then I'll get something too.
Friday, October 15, 2010
You Are Puzzled Over
You are quirky, complicated, and brilliant. You tend to feel a bit misunderstood by everyone, and that troubles you.
It's likely that you will have two or three children. You can conceive pretty easily.
You are not easily moved. You are very stoic and not though of as an emotional person.
You are very detail oriented and tidy. Some may even call you obsessive.
You are wilder than most people, even if you don't feel all that wild. And you're a total show off.
OK, the amount of kids was pretty much right on, but I'm not easy and I take offense to the quiz insinuating that I'm a hussy.
... me wild? Pffft! Whatevah! And a show-off? Double Pffft! and Whatevah!
Sooo, theeen I wonder what the quiz would think of my hubbie's belly button. Uhh...wow.
You Are Well Balanced
You are optimistic, enthusiastic, and happy go lucky. You may have more problems than most people, but you don't make a big deal out of them.
It is likely that you won't have any kids. If you do have kids, it may be hard to conceive.
You are not easily moved. You are very stoic and not though of as an emotional person.
You are very detail oriented and tidy. Some may even call you obsessive.
You are quite conservative. You are neither a flirter or a flaunter.
OK, that might have been a little right on with his belly button.
Monday, October 11, 2010
· How much longer will it be until certain four letter words are allowed on network tv? Five years? Ten years?
· I can always tell when people call for directions when they aren’t listening. Drives me crazy that they travel in a truck over several states and don’t have any clue where they are actually going. We have a directions menu on our phone system – but they still hit “0” for operator and ask me for directions. I generally say three times (at least) that the turn is really easy to miss, the sign for the road is small and it’s not an actual exit. Then…I’ll still get a second call back from them stating they missed the turn.
· My daughter is sooo tickled after hearing Hubbie talk in his sleep. She sooo wants to get a video of his talking. Of course, I would never post anything like that online. You believe me…..don’t you?
· I was putting food up in the fridge Saturday when I thought I heard a car alarm outside. I galloped to the front to make sure it wasn’t the new family ride. It wasn’t. I went back to the kitchen and debated for a couple of minutes whether or not to leave lunch out since Hubbie hadn’t eaten yet. I had decided to leave it out, glanced at the game on the tv and noticed he was reviewing a play. I changed my mind, picked up two food boxes, opened the fridge door and our sweet little kitten fell out. My plan after eating was a nap. There’s no telling how long that cat would have stayed in the fridge. I totally didn’t see her in there. Sadly, I’m not sure that will keep her from hoping in there again.
· Crazy kitten. Crazy, un-named little kitten. We’ve been calling it “Kitty”. I think that may become the name…for now.
· I then went on to take the longest nap ever and woke up near supper time. We were supposed to go to a birthday party with a couple of friends. I woke up finding hubbie sleeping next to me.
· We did manage to make Friday night’s double date with friends though. It was good fun and really, really good food.
· Puppy is doing really well with the term, “Leave It”. I drop a piece of food on the floor “accidentally”, say “Uh oh.” If she starts walking to it…..she’ll stop look at me, sit down and wait. When I tell her to leave it she just stares at it, looks at me, and eventually will turn and walk away…..unless, I pick it up, say “Yes!” and offer it to her from my hand.
· We’ve had only two little accidents in the house over the weekend. Not bad. Both times we’re probably due to us not taking her outside. Which has brought me to read up on bell training. I think she can catch on pretty quickly.
· I had the double crappiest nail experience ever! I made an appointment at my normal place with one of the faster women – cause I knew she would be fast – and told her I would be in a hurry. She took a pedicure seconds before I walked in and left me waiting 30 minutes past my appointment time. I walked out. I went across the street – they offered to get me through a pedicure and manicure at the same time quickly if I could just wait 15 minutes. I agreed. 20 minutes later I experience the slowest service EVER. I can home and noticed the polish already coming off the nails and they were sloppy. Ugh…I could have done a better job. (And that’s saying a LOT!) My normally very patient and happy natured (yet very strange) hubbie got a temper via text when I was finally paying. I didn’t mention to him that I could have texted him to update him waaay sooner – but couldn’t get the phone to work. I had to restart it twice. That was the most frustrating two hours I’ve spent in a while.
· I might have snuck the puppy in with me in a purse. Shhh….don’t tell.
· It’s time to get this bad phone situation under control. Quickly.
· Speaking of an angry husband…..every now and then, I swear he over-reacts. Like THIS would make him mad? Ok, maybe he didn’t over-react. At least he was well rested when he discovered it.
· Not much to the thoughts today…..(as opposed to any other day).
First of all, this kid's parents outta wash his mouth out with soap!
Priceless line: "...and you'll get prank calls and that's the last thing you'll want!"
Forget the FCC, NSA, Homeland Security or FBI.....I'm scared of getting prank phone calls.
Kid loves his Justin Beiber.
Friday, October 8, 2010
I just called one of our jobsite superintendants to let him know I am mailing out some supplies he requested and wanted to verify that he would be onsite to receive the packages from UPS, because UPS will not leave the packages at an unattended jobsite.
So, I go through my whole talk that I make over and over and over every week. The superintendants are generally expecting my call and I could almost just say, “Yada yada yada, You gonna be at Jobsite # 1299 on Monday, right?”
This time, I ask if I’m speaking to David and he answers yes. After I go through the entire bit, the guy is apparently amused with my “Texan” accent and replies back real slow with, “Huun-neee, I believe you may have gotten the wrong David. You got the riiiight company, but we’re at a jobsite in Canada and nauugght in Teexxx-aaas.”
Cute, guy. Real cute.
He was still giggling when we were hanging up the phone.
For starters, I do NOT even talk that slow, second – my accent is NOT that bad and 3rd……well, ok…I have no 3rd. That might have been a little embarrassing, but so not my fault.
Apparently I have an auto-fill formula that fills in the superintendant’s cell phone number for me in an excel spreadsheet where I keep up with all the shipping requests. It’s nice to have – so I don’t have to look up the telephone number every time. BUT it’s off a line when looking up the info – somehow. At least I got a good laugh and a fairly good story out of that long distance call.
Now, I have a sweet friend named Jenny (shout-out to Ninny) …. She has the thickest Texan accent EVER!! Annnd, my younger kitten….hers is pretty distinct, too-BUT she didn’t get that from me.
· I was being silly with the Precious Puppy this morning. I walked really really slow up to her without saying a word and without breaking eye contact. I thought it would be funny. She didn’t think so. She flipped out….barking, jumping in a circle, jumping at me and then tinkling on the bed. On my side of the bed. Ok, maybe that wasn’t so funny.
· Last night the hubbie and I were arguing. He was being a pain. Naturally it goes without saying, I was right and he was wrong. The fact that I can’t remember what the deal was is of no concern. At one moment, after not speaking to each other for a few minutes, he paused the tv. I look his way and asked him a question (once again I can’t remember what specifically I asked – but still, the what is irrelevant). Without a moment’s hesitation, he replied, “Yea, I’m gonna go ahead and answer yes on this one.” Cracked me up.
· Ugh…it drives me crazy when arguments end that way. It’s supposed to win with me standing tall, with my arms crossed, looking down at him – while he begs for my forgiveness and vows to never doubt me again……not with him making me laugh and forget that we were arguing in the first place. I swear….I have the memory of a goldfish. Unfair.
· Next week on The Office, all of Michael Scott’s past lovers are coming back to the visit. That outta be nice and awkward. I still say the need the manager from the British Office and Michael Scott to have an episode together with some sort of goofy competition to see which the better Regional Manager is.
· I still haven’t sat and watch last week’s Survivor yet and I have a feeling I know who got voted off based on The Hubbie’s slip up last night. HE referred to the episode as The Jimmy Johnson one? I’m not sure if he was referring to the episode as the one that Jimmy get’s voted off of, or if he was referring to that show as The Jimmy Johnson one.
· Either way, I’m watching it this weekend and then I’m turning around and watching this week’s episode right after. I love back to back episodes.
· Last night Hubbie tried to determine if I was insane for not wanting the kittens to watch the recorded Modern Family with us. Is it wrong that my reason was because it has two gay guys living together and raising an adopted baby? I have friends that are male and gay. Those gay guys have lungs, knees, fingers, toes, hearts, ears…..all the same as myself – and they are also extremely creative, incredibly wonderful, honest, loving, selfless, awesome guys. The Kittens know they are gay….and I take a lotta pride in not judging people and really trying to raise the Kittens to be open minded, not quick to assume anything, and determine the truth for themselves.
· It’s date night and I’m feeling feisty….like dancing or a new sushi restaurant or going to a batting cage or something. We’re meeting some friends for supper tonight and their stopping by our house to see the improvements and meet the newest family members. I’m very excited to have them over. It’s always fun to hang out with friends.
· Then my sweet mother is bringing cheesecake over on Sunday, eating supper with us and even putting herself through losing a game of cards to me.
· My nails are horribly horrible and embarrassingly embarrassing. Do you think my boss would let me take off early so I can get my nails done, jog, and have time to pretty up for the evening?
· *Cough, cough* Oh dear….I don’t feel well. Do I sound like I have a fever? I should probably go home and rest to make sure this doesn’t turn out to be something really really bad.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Most of the hints/secrets made sense..
don't let the sun go down on your anger.
always kiss goodnight.
remind each other daily of your love for each other.
be free with your self.
Wait..... be free?
I read on.... it mentions that you should be able to do the five following things in front of your spouse without a problem. If you can do the five following things in front of/around your spouse then you can make it through anything together:
Burp. Ok, that's not too bad....not my style, but not too bad. As long as he doesn't burp the alphabet, then I can live with that.
Sit on the toliet. Ok, if I gotta tinkle...I guess it's not that big of deal. BUT him seeing me do....anything else.....that won't happen. Why? Cause I have kids and I've learned to lock the door. Oh and there's that whole....I'm not comfortable with someone else in there during my time...thing.
Pass gas. He does that in front of me and it's over. Yep. Over. Me do that in front of him? Ha! Funny....that's not something that I do at all. Ever.
Pick our noses? What? Really...that's on the top five? What are we....toddlers? And they claim everybody does it. Some even in public. Ok, so I've seen that happen....but still for the rest of it...really?
Be comfortable naked.
Right. Yea, totally. Once I read this: "The day you start hiding that stuff is when lies start to happen." I had no doubt that a man wrote that article. Dude, maybe just maybe I'm hiding a little bit of chubby fat or stretch marks.
Maybe I should just stick with reading Cosmo.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
I've used it all of my married life,
as my Mom always told me
it was the best.
Now that I am in my fifties
I find it even better!
In fact, about a month ago,
I spilled some red wine
on my new white blouse.
My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me
and generally started becoming
a pain in the neck.
One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood
on my new white blouse!
of Tide with bleach alternative,
to my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out!
In fact, the stains came out so well the detectives who came by yesterday
told me that the DNA tests
on my blouse were negative.
Then my attorney called
and said that I was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.
What a relief!
Going through menopause
is bad enough without being
I thank you, once again,
for having a great product.
Well, gotta go.
I have to write to
the Hefty bag people.
This email, including attachments, contains information that is confidential. This email, including attachments, constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this email, including attachments, and notify me by return mail, email or reply. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this email, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Oh yea…. And if you don’t copy and repost this on your blog within ten minutes, then you will experience bad luck for the next two seconds. I knew someone who once knew someone who didn’t and they had bad luck for two seconds. It was bad.
If you don’t have a blog to repost this post to, then you will have four seconds of bad luck if you don’t get a blog account and post this to that account within fifteen minutes.
If you do post this, then the only thing that will happen is that this will be posted. You won’t get good luck, a surprise marriage proposal, an unexpected large sum of money or anything else nice and helpful.
EDIT: UGH! I HATE it when pictures don't upload automatically to a post.
· The girl’s being tired and extremely grumpy sucked. I’m still worn out from that episode.
· I haven’t gotten to jog in a couple of days…or more. I need my exercise. I can’t get fat. I just can’t. That’s what sets me aside from all the rest of you crazy women…..cause I’m soooo good looking! You know…. tall, skinny, blonde, pretty and extremely smart….everything I am and everything you aren’t.
· My weight still goes up and down…..today it’s up and I’m actually feeling it. Yesterday I felt great and skinny, today I feel blah and fat. I can’t end up like all the other crazy women in the world.
· OK, maybe I’m not all that skinny….or extremely smart….BUT I am tall and just happen to be blonde. That should count for something.
· I regret eating dinner last night. The Kittens hit me with the ultimate temptation – sushi….and they both asked for that restaurant. I gave in. Way. Too. Easily.
· Actually seeing how much it fluctuates on a daily basis is pretty interesting. It’ll be neat to see it after a couple of months…..unless it doesn’t make a downward slope, of course. Then – well, I’ll just sweep that bit of data under the rug.
· I’m bummed that I haven’t gotten to stop and watch Survivor from last week yet. I started to watch it – but had issues with Kittens and the hubbie. Then when I sat down to watch it – it had been deleted. And ya know, I sure do find it a little suspicious that all of a sudden there is a whole bunch of them sports recordings on the list.
· I’m still overly sleepy. I think my job has that effect on me. I need to quit my job and stay home so I can eat bon-bons, watch tv, nap, blog and complain about how stressed I am.
· Umm…..then again….that pretty much already sounds like how it is now…except for the workings part.
· Due to the car issue and the puppy class, I didn’t get to watch Glee either. Ugh! I better get on that before it “accidentally” disappears, too!
· Puppy class was fun last night. We’re learning to use a “clicker”. I’ll explain later. That’s one crazy technique that I’m not sure I’m on board with.
· Kitten still not named. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Big Time.
· Just cause my husband goes off and buys two new cars after already spending a train load of money over the last few months….he thinks he has the right to be stressed and grumpy? Pfft. Whateva! Boy, better be stressin’ over the possibility of me spending all his bags of money and running out! I can’t be poor again….that leads to depression, which leads to eating, which leads to…well…go back and review my second bullet point.
· Ok, maybe he does have a good reason to be stressin a little bit. (And I’m kidding about all those bags of money.)
· Is it Friday yet? I could really, really use a sweet little date night. Maybe I should give in and let him take me over to the Taco Casa for
supper dinner instead of demanding a high tone establishment.
· Enjoy Wednesday.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
· Little girls singing rock band loudly and way off key to songs they don’t know is pretty entertaining.
· I am exhausted today. Oddly, for the last three days, I’ve felt just over poweringly sleepy.(I’m pretty sure “poweringly” is a word) At work, where it can be too quiet, I’m having the worst time staying awake. We’re not supposed to listen to music or have headphones on of any kind, but I may have to start breaking the rules. I won’t be alone in the rule breaking. I can hear someone else’s muffled music. It’s either my head hits the desk and I start snoring or I stick one earpiece in and stay awake, alert and in a better mood.
· Have you heard of the shoes, “TOMS”? Have any of ya actually worn them? I saw a pair Sunday and thought they looked like the silliest things on a guy’s feet – but the guys swore up and down that they were the most comfortable shoes ever! Annnd, when you purchase a pair of Tom’s, the company donates a pair to a child in need in a developing country. Not a bad idea.
· Speaking of shopping….guess who’s family truckster bit the dust…finally? It’s puppy class tonight, but hubbie needs a new ride to replace the truckster. He, very sweetly, suggested the kittens and I drop him off at the car lot and have us go on to the puppy class so we don’t miss it. That’s very sweet – but I feel terrible just dropping him off at the car lot. I have a feeling that this won’t be as big of a deal as shopping to replace the ole Pinto, but still, I feel bad just leaving him, as if I’m deserting him.
· I know what I’m going to be for Halloween but I can’t tell ya yet – cause I don’t want to spoil the surprise and I’m still working on tying in the husband’s costume with mine. I really really like the idea of couple’s Halloween costumes themed together.
· I can’t tell you how many times my poor patient husband has corrected Kittens and me when we say your house instead of our.
· Member that one time when I posted that both kittens had made straight A’s? Uhhh, well, turns out that the little kitten’s final grades weren’t actually final yet and she had a math test that brought her grade down just enough that she didn’t make that straight A list. She got an 89 in math. In my mind, I’m rounding it up and counting it as an A. I’m still proud with the B or the A.
· Man, those kittens were in a bad mood last night. I had all sorts of excitement/just for fun things to do last night with them…..instead they both got sent to their rooms, had to eat separately and both went to bed early. When I woke them both up this morning, I gave a friendly reminder that if their behavior is repeated again, then the same punishment will be repeated also. Wow, were we chipper once those little paws hit the floor.
· Honestly, I felt more punished than they did. I didn’t get to play with them on the wii, brainstorm scary decorations for Halloween for our yard OR experience the joy of making brownies. I sat in my chair and pouted.
· This weekend, at a mall, I went shopping with the kittens and picked up a pair of jeans off the rack, just to see if they would fit. The last time I tried that size on, they were waaaay too tight. This time? They didn’t fit again, but this time, they were too big!!! Too big?! I tried on the next smaller size…they fit! THEY FIT?! I’m still shocked. Did I buy them? Well, heck yea!!! And I’ve got a pair on today. Maybe I really really do love the Slimfast stuff. Annnd, I’ve even starting tracking my daily weight as a suggestion from the Hubbie. I’ll report back in a couple of months….IF the results are favorable. If the results AREN’T favorable, then I’ll deny this conversation ever existed in the first place.
· Alright…gotta go. We have to go
steal legally obtain another automobile, this time for the Hubbie to cruise around in.
Got a friend who needs cheering up? Or maybe you just want to tell them that you love them/miss them/really like their new haircut…
Well, why not say it with a singing tweetagram! Here’s how it works:
You tweet your messages adding #singingtweetagrams from now until Thursday
We pick the best ones as they come in, and send them straight to the studio
The Rockabellas turn them into lovely little songs within a few hours
We'll let you know when your tweet is ready so you can come here and send it!
So, what will you say in your singing tweetagram?
But I didn't catch that they would pick the best ones as they come in.....I had the idea of what I wanted them to sing before I got all the details...so I typed it up and sent it via tweet.
Then I got a tweet reply this morning:
Monday, October 4, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Any math geniuses out there that can help a mama Kat out?