Tuesday, August 10, 2010
If you aren’t a fan of mushy, lovey-dovey stuff, then skip this post.
• My poor sweet husband is having a bad day today.
• First of all, this morning on our favorite radio morning show, one of the hosts goes on and on about Disney that he just got back from. I felt sad and a little guilty that I’m going on a girl’s trip without him. We’ve only been married for 45 days and in 5 days we’ll be gone for a week. But the girls and I have been planning this trip for over a year with my mommy. (And he might just enjoy a little quiet time.)
• When it was time to get out the door, we both hopped in the family truckster to carpool to work and the family truckster wouldn’t start. He doesn’t have to say a word. I know he’s not happy. He takes a deep breath, tries again….nothing. Another deep breath combined with a frustrated smirk on his face…..and I do the calm voice, “It’s ok – we’ll take the Pinto Station wagon and figure this out later.”
• I’m still optimistic at this point, but it may be a tad worse than I think it is. We’ll see.
• We get almost to me work and he realizes…..he doesn’t have the keys to the office…..and he’s way early to work because my start time is pretty early.
• After all that, I get an email from him thanking me for being there and it was so sweet that it made me tear up….at my desk!
• Even with a trying morning he is still the sweetest and most gentle man I know.
• For many many many more reasons than just him being sweet and gentle, I feel like the luckiest wife on this planet. I have an incredibly wonderful husband that I love dearly that loves me back.