· I was right about this weekend’s trip. It was great and the view from table top was incredible. I’m just not so sure about the trail being “secret”. We also did another trail called the Lighthouse trail that was pretty popular, and for good reason. It leads you on a 2.5 mile hike to a set of rocks that looks like a lighthouse sitting all by itself on a cliff. There was a tall one next to it that I actually climbed to the top of. Let me add – THAT was a very dicey climb. I followed a dad with five of kids ranging from ages 4 to 10. One kid stayed behind with mama. This rock is something I barely had courage to do – there is no way in the world any sane person would take their child up there – MUCH LESS five of their children. It was insane.
· I got a little sunburned. I’m hatin on my brassiere today.
· We had trouble with airport security on the way and had sunscreen confiscated due to its size. On the way back they found my knife. Yep, I should have known better than to attempt to carry that thing on, but I didn’t think about it and it made the trip there without any problems. It was pretty upsetting for it to be taken away. The gift shop was closed – I couldn’t mail it, we didn’t know a soul there and I couldn’t take it with me. It was given to me as a gift back in my EMS days. It was a tearful departure between me and the knife. Security was INCREDIBLY delicate and sweet in the way they handled me (I was already a nervous wreck just knowing I was fixing to fly). The supervisor ending up promising me he would mail it to me this week. My fingers are crossed he pulls through and really does mail it.
· Today I have been blessed with car trouble. I have a leaking radiator. I just love car issues.
· I wanted to go watch the Dallas Cowboy Stadium be blown to pieces live in person, but was waaay too tired to get out of bed. I watched it live on tv while I drifted in and out of consciousness. I’m STILL tired from this weekend.
· Happy Monday.