Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Thoughts

  • Good morning! Aren't you so super duper very glad that today is Monday? I am!!! I LOVE Mondays! They are awesome!
  • (I sounded believable during that last bullet point, didn't I?)
  • Last week on Thursday, the plan was to hitch a ride after work to Fort Worth and bring back the bike, but it was really windy and there was a pretty good chance of rain Friday and Saturday. So, back up plans were made and ultimately followed through with. BUT it didn't rain - in fact, it was gorgeous outside.....all weekend! Dang weather played a trick on me and I didn't get to ride. Booo.
  • I did get to go to the Movie Tavern to see Furry Vengance though. The movie was horrible, but the company was great, food was ok -- and it was The Movie Tavern. You just can't go wrong at The Movie Tavern (normally - although I still haven't seen date night yet).
  • Brendan Frasier is a C List actor, in my professional, expert opinion.
  • Last week I started mowing the front yard, I stopped half way through to empty the grass out of the bag when I came across THIS guy in my mower. I froze, but figured there was NO WAY that creature was still alive. I poked at the grass next to him with my gloved hand. Nothing. I took my glove off to get a pic of him with my cell, figuring he was dead. I took one pic, but - since I am trained in the photographic ways, I decided a couple more pics with different angles would be a good idea. I leaned the phone in closer to get another pic - the thing jumped and slithered deeper in the mower to attempt a getaway. And of course I remained calm and didn't run away screaming and crying as if Freddy Kruger was chasing me with a chain saw. Or...maybe I wasn't totally calm. My neighbors gave me the look of, what the heck is she doing?
  • Ugh...I'm still scared to go out there. I never did figure out which way he went.
  • I got three books last week, based off of suggestions and have more lined up from more suggestions. I'm loving the reading list. Right now, I have Tuesdays With Morrie (I'm stage managing it this summer), Firefly Lane (it's starting out pretty good) and In Cold Blood (suggested by "Art Vandelay").
  • 5k this weekend. Outta be some fun.
  • Now let's get going with the Monday. Yum.



2 comments:

Crazy said...

Did you ever get rid or your mouse?

Anonymous said...

You going to run the 5k Caveman crawl coming up in Bridgeport?