Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Catch-Up

My weekend? Well, well, well….let’s just say I’m pretty sure my overall self is on the verge of a downward spiral. My “baby girl” had her birffday on Friday and is now the big 12 years old. Sigh.

I don’t feel old, but she just seems to be beginning to change into a young lady and I don’t like it one bit. Not at all.

Friday was the school dance and she had a friend over to get ready at our house. At time to go they walked out in itty bitty tank tops, hair done did (hair looked great) and huge smiles on their faces looking very pleased with themselves.

I hollered at them to go put more clothes on because they were not going out dressed like that. They both assured me they didn’t plan on it….they both had sweaters they were wearing over the tank tops. (uhhh….I completely felt the “I wasn’t born yesterday” saying.)

Saturday we ran the 5k in Aledo with my mother. Mom got first in her age group (again). I had an incident (again) that put me 5th – instead of 2nd or 3rd where I could have been. I’m repressing that memory and moving forward. My big girl beat Nana (not by much) and the little one finished the entire route. Afterward I enjoyed the best nap ever.

Saturday night was The Party.  You know what else comes with this “12yo” age? Girl drama. Umpfh. I should have seen that coming. It wasn’t too too bad….but still. I will say one girl called her mother to complain and the mom chewed her out for her behavior and then called to apologize to me. I was pretty impressed with the mom. Her daughter was not exactly in the right….and I was trying to figure out what to say to keep everyone happy good.

The movie projector outside while the kids settled on the trampoline turned out really well. The weather was great! They watched “The Box” – although I’m not sure any of them really watched the movie. I went out several times to check on them and they were complete chatterboxes and giggling yet behaving.

My younger one and her friend put on black clothing and made a belly crawl from the back door all the way to the trampoline to scare the big kids. I was shocked they made it without a peep – or getting caught in the action.  (Cracked me up.)

Sunday was nice – mother’s day. I didn’t diet the entire day. Kid made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, left over pizza for lunch and tv dinner Chinese food for dinner.

I took two naps and watched The Blind Side with the projector in the back yard with my two girls snuggled up to me.

At the very end of the movie we started to feel sprinkles. The timing was great. The projector goes back today – and I’m not sure I can ever enjoy a movie at home as much without a projector. A backyard movie was great.

So there ya go….a play by play account of my weekend happenings.

Happy Monday.

 



1 comment:

mzchief said...

I am soooooooo glad I had a boy.