· I spend a lot of time at work staring at the computer screen while it thinks. A lot of time.
· Monday back at home. Good ole’ Texas. Yeehaw.
· This weekend was really nice. The drive was looong, but not bad. Don’t tell my husband, but I think the return trip back was actually record time.
· On the way there, we didn’t quite take off as early as I planned…..so we weren’t at Grandma and Papa’s sitting in front of the TV to watch the Ranger’s play. We could still get the play by play action on the radio until we hit Texarkana and completely lost it.
· Thankfully, hubbie had my guilt-driven quick reaction/thinking to remedy the situation. It would have been better to see it live on tv, but sitting in the car as all four of us held our breaths up until the very last was pretty cool.
· Mother’s flight turned into an adventure as the Little Rock airport was evacuated due to a tornado. After all was clear and ok, she had to go back through security. Eek! She did eventually make it home A-OK last night.
· Cousin went through with the wedding, had an incredible turn out, looked gorgeous and happy. I’m glad we went.
· Plus, my older daughter, spotted a lit candle catching nearby greenery on fire. I jumped up, hit another cousin to get a move on to help, and we got it put out before anyone knew any better. It was entertaining.
· I got really excited when the preacher introduced the new Mr. and Mrs. to the full chapel and the stage lights started flashing along with the music of Happy Together. I really thought they were going to break out with a dance routine similar to another that went viral. Nope, no crazy dancing in the church. Drat. I should have known better…Church of Christ – no dancing. There was dancing at the reception though.
· The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and swimming in the grandparent’s pool that Papa had warmed and ready for the weekend.
· Our sweet little Precious puppy was extremely well behaved all weekend. No accidents at all.
· I still can’t believe she did as well as she did in the car. She didn’t whine at all.
· I didn’t even pig out like crazy on food this weekend. I found a stash of Slim Fast shakes at Grandma’s so passing on the temptation of food, goodies and cake was a little easier.
· All in all it was a pretty good weekend.