Thursday, June 3, 2010

Say Whaaat?

Conversation at work:

 

CoWorker: I’ll bring that to ya after work, is that ok? It’s not too late, is it?

Me: Nah, that’s fine. No biggie.

CoWorker: Yay, ole So-n-So is over helping WhosIt. They are like two peas in a pot.

Me: Huh? Did you just say poD or poT?

CoWorker: PoT with a ‘T’. You ain’t never heard that sayin’ before?

Me: Do you know what peas actually come in?

CoWorker: Well, yea, they come in a …… ohhhhh……is that what that saying means?

Me: Wow. Way to go, Smartie Pants.

Coworker: hahaha, I guess I just completely messed that up! I could be blonde! Ummm…no offense to you, of course.

CoWorker: Now, wait a second, peas could go in a pot too, ya know. There would just be more than two. So, really, I could get away with saying that either way with a pot or a pod.

 

Me: (Shaking head in disbelief) Well,  I guess ya got me there, didn’t ya?

 

Point of this? Well, it just goes to show that I’m not the dingiest person in the world. I feel hope.

 



No comments: