· This entire week so far has not been very good. My first clue should have been waking up and throwing up an empty stomach on Monday morning when I’m supposed to be driving my youngen to her first ever band camp.
· After leaving her (and having the worst time doing so) I was about 45 minutes away and received a text from her. She was already home sick. I had done so well up until that point at not crying. I sobbed all over that steering wheel. It took all I had to not turn around and pick her back up.
· I know it’s terrible – but this is the first time I’ve left her at a function like this and not attended with her. She’s been with family before while away from me – but not at a camp this long. My boss is amused at this entire concept. His son went to a camp when he was in 1st grade. Ugh….
· I even went so far as to make both her and her roommate demonstrate that their dorm keys worked and they could both unlock and lock the door. I even lectured both of them on being safe, never going anywhere alone, not talking to strangers, to pray, to be good girls…..I can’t imagine what the poor roommate thought. My kid? She knows the routine – let me rant and lecture for a minute and I’ll feel a tiny bit better.
· I don’t even wanna think about her driving or going to college. There were other moms that were smart enough to stay nearby in a hotel to be extra close. Lucky dogs. That’s not quite in my budget.
· My younger youngen got to hang with a friend for two days and go to VBS – she loved it. I picked her up from VBS last night and she was in a so-so kind of mood. She’s my kid that can never stay awake passed 9:00.
· We met her grandparents half way between their house and mine for her to get to hang out with them for one on one time while big Sis is at camp. When it was time to leave her with them – she started crying. She didn’t want to leave. She wanted to stay with me. She cried and pleaded for twenty minutes. I should have known this would happen – it’s passed her bed time and she’s been apart from me for two days having fun. She’s a momma’s girl. I sobbed after leaving her too. It didn’t take long to start thinking I should have just sucked up the daycare cost for that one day. One day.
· Of course, I know that once she wakes up today, she’ll have a blast all day.
· At least I felt healthier yesterday than I did Monday. Today? Well, that’s another story entirely.
· I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to be accused of something you didn’t do, couldn’t do, wouldn’t want to do and be completely incapable of convincing the one person that matters they are wrong. So wrong. I’m feeling helpless.
· I wanna go back to bed.
· Oh – and to add to my wonderful week – my phone, the HTC Hero, is a piece of junk. Once again the phone has failed me. I’m beyond frustrated with it. The screen is not working AGAIN.
· On my way to work – I hear a really weird noise that I have no clue what it could be. When I got to work I looked at all four tires and then noticed something hanging from underneath the car. Some sort of plastic cover that was bolted on both sides to cover the underside of the very front of the car (maybe to protect the radiator/fan/belt area from debris kicked up from the road)….it is hanging by one bolt. That should make for a fun time later trying to get it either bolted back or ripped off.
· Yep – that’s just what I needed today. At this moment, I’m feeling drained.
· I’m not in a very good mood. Can you tell?