Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lunchtime Thoughts


  • I had an ADD Thought a couple of nights ago: I wonder if there has been any movies made lately that have Twitter mentioned in them. There's gotta be one out there somewhere.
  • On my long commute to work the other day I heard Kidd Kraddick talking about the Chante Mallard case. They also mentioned a movie that was made out of the story. I had completely forgotten about the entire ordeal. I never saw the movie.
  • I saw spider monkeys on vacation last week. I squealled at the sight of them and then just stood there smiling big and in disbelief that I was standing that close to actual spider monkeys. That was too cool!
  • I had a hamburger with the family during the 4th of July weekend. I hadn't eaten a hamburger in at least of couple of years before that. Chicken sandwhiches sure. Hamburgers? Nope. And can you believe I've never eaten a White Castle Burger either.
  • A guy at work was talking about driving to West Texas this weekend to visit his son. He mentioned Anson and that they had lived there for about 4 years. I asked, "What do you think of the Anson Lights?" He was clueless. Here's a good description. I saw them in high school. They are freaky. And yes, they are real.
  • Ugh. I'm getting two new tires today. They are badly badly badly needed but I can't stand sitting and waiting while the car gets worked on. I've gone to the same place for the past ten years and they are extremely nice, professional, but I can't stand to just sit there. Put me anywhere else waiting on anything else and I'm fine. Waiting in an automechanic shop? Not so much.
  • Good grief tires are expensive.
  • Two weeks ago I had the underneath of my hair colored dark purple, but the hair was sooo blonde it took two tries to get it. Now it just looks brown. Still cool and I like it, but the gal I originally saw it on had it just the right shade of purple. I'll probably go back all blonde before too long.
  • My girls were in shock when they saw the purple. Made me giggle until the older one asked if she can have pink put in hers.
  • Girls come home in two days. The yard has suffered almost to death in their absence. They need to come home and play in the water sprinkler again.
  • I've lost ten pounds in the last month. I'm shocked I didn't gain a ton last week.
  • There's a possibility I might try to run for the first time since the shin splints this weekend. It'll be a short distance for a short period of time. Fingers crossed. I miss my jogging. Power walking just isn't the same.
  • Hey, it's Friday....I'm a happy camper.

No comments: