Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday's Thoughts

  • The AC is out at work. 'I'm miserable' doesn't even cover how un-fun that is. I'm pretty sure I smelled all day. I was drenched in sweat.
  • I actually took off work early to shower before Meet the Teacher night.
  • Sadly, I'm not sure any of the guys that work in the heat welding and doing manual hard labor felt sorry for me. Can you imagine? Come on, you'll feel bad for me, won't ya?
  • Meet the teacher night went smoothly. Little one was excited to give out a zillion hugs to all her friends, past teachers and then see her teacher was already someone she knew.
  • Older one wasn't so thrilled to learn that her boyfriend and her bff weren't in any of her classes. She was not in a good mood when we left. We did stop by the office for assistance with her schedule as it wasn't quite right and they will get it fixed and have it ready later this week. She's hopeful the changes will result in her having her bff or boyfriend in any class with her.
  • My little one asked if I missed being a kid. I giggled. Not a chance. I'm glad she's having a great time, but I have found that adulthood is much more to my liking.
  • In between schools we found time for dinner out. "Hey kids, wanna eat out now or wait till we get home and I'll cook." Without hesitation, both kids: "Eat out!" (Made me laugh.)
  • We went out and when it was time for the check the waitress informs me that someone else paid for our dinner. We knew who it was...one of our neighbors said hello to us when we first got there. (Sweet people.)
  • But what made me really giggle was the girls discussing how we could pay them back.
  • They both agreed that the meal was bought not because it was felt we didn't have money but out of kindness. Our neighbors did it just to be nice.
  • So, how do you repay kindness? Well, with more kindness, of course. They discussed yard work they could do, maybe happy notes sent over, baked goods....something had to be done to show appreciation to these people.
  • How can one sit at that table, not offer a word and not feel a surge of pride over two extremely sweet little girls? I didn't give any indication of why the meal would have been bought or give a suggestion that a card stating a simple thank you in return would be plenty. The entire conversation between the two was great. (I wish I had it recorded.)
  • Ahhh....I adore my little babies! I just wish they would stay babies!
  • Happy Wednesday All!

2 comments:

Gator said...

Your girls sound precious...and the fact that they want to acknowledge your neighbors kindness speaks volumes about how they were raised and what an awesome mother they have.

Kat said...

Gator...you have GOT to be the sweetest person I've ever met! Thank you!!! You are such a positive person to be around.
:-)