Monday, February 16, 2009

Talk.....Whispers....

My voice is gone and my throat still hurts like crazy!

Yesterday's performance was incredible, the cast party was fun--although I pretty much had very little voice at that point.

I went for the couch pretty early and watch a movie. The rest was badly needed.

Today I drove out to Dallas for a Management Meeting. I took a CPR class this morning with a Vietnam vet as the instructor. He's also a fire fighter/paramedic and a sheriff deputy/chaplain. He's on of those older guys that teaches old school and doesn't really care if he offends or not. I was very interested in what he had to say....and he didn't hold back.

I struggled through the afternoon presentation and felt my head drop once. I was ultra sleepy with the lights dimmed and the owner of the company talking with a smooth, slow voice......

When I got home this afternoon with the kids, I went for the couch-hollared at the younger one to change into her tumbling outfit and then I might have konked out. When I woke up I felt terrible-almost to tears that my older one took care of the younger one and they had to feed themselves. This is one of those rare times when I would like to put down my independance and let someone take care of the girls and me. Then again......

So back to the couch I go. Dinner for me was some ice and a frozen veggie serving.

Mood: Exhausted.

No comments: