Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Thoughts on my Offspring

Older Child
  • If I have to fill out one more party invitation then I think I will go into convulsions. I swear!
  • Party is a week and a half away. I can totally see why people hire party coordinators.
  • My daughter is the worst on procrastinating.....well, second worst. Party planning is one of those things we are terrible about. Both of us.
  • Her room has been a disaster area for over a week. Yuk. I threatened loss of phone privileges starting tonight if the room didn't get clean.
  • As of 9:30p and after three days of cleaning...(it got worse before it got better)...it's now the closet to spotless I've seen in a long time.
  • We have a new boyfriend. I call him Curly, because of his hair. He is the cutest kid ever. If you are reading this and you figured out who that is, you didn't hear that from me. It's supposed to be kept on the "down low".
  • I'm still very very happy with the kid for her Math Taks score. Whew. I don't why the kid had to scare me like that. (Bombing the benchmark pretest.) She was one point shy of being commended with a high grade....she got commended last year. Math is more of her subject.
That other kid.
  • She wants everyone to know that her classroom at school has baby chics.
  • I saw the baby chics today. They were cute! I told one little boy I was pretty sure they were really dinosaurs in disguise.
  • He laughed and told me that wasn't possible because dinosaurs are in the ground. You have to dig to find them. I agreed with him because, "those things don't have any dirt on them."
  • Another little girl looked at him and said, "Yea and the devil is in there too." I resisted asking her if she meant in with the chics or the dinosaurs.
  • Kindergartners are the funniest kids ever. I love their laughs. And they think I'm funny too.
  • I also love the thought process of the kindergartner. Speaking of chics.....
  • I wish I had recorded the conversation with my kindergartner over where chicken nuggets come from.
  • She told me that the nuggets come from chickens, from chickens, (not a typo)but they're not chicken. I looked at her blankly and said, "Do what?" She then responded with, "I don't even know what I'm saying anymore." I laughed. It was a good ten minute conversation involving where "they" get the chicken from. We discussed "they" give them to "Mac-En-Donald's" cold. Me: "Like, the chickens are cold and need a coat?" Child: "No, are you crazy?!"
  • That conversation still makes me giggle. She tried to explain it in more detail throughout the remainder of the evening. It stayed funny.
  • When she gets frustrated with me, she'll call me "Muuuh--tthher!"
  • Her reading is incredible. Incredible. I've heard a bunch of kids read and she has a ton of talent in that area.
As far as kids go, I am beyond blessed.

No comments: