Thursday, January 22, 2009

The envelope please.....

Report cards came out today.

I already knew the grades of older child and suspected the results of the younger.

Older child, managed to get by with AB honor roll again. For her its been a huge struggle due to her dyslexia. When I was in school I also felt that was just an excuse to slack off. Now as an adult, with a child that has it, I have a whole different view point. She's a smart child, and almost seems like she has to work twice as hard for the same results as anyone else.

Second child is still doing great and still loves learning. Her wild behavior is starting to calm a bit. Last week at tumble class, the new teacher had trouble controlling the seven girls all around age six. Mine was the one that held steady and did not act up at all. Not once. I was on the edge of my seat just waiting...but she stood there calmly and patiently waiting for the teacher to resume the lesson.

If you have been around that child at all in the last six years, you would completely understand my amazement. Very impressive. Go her!

As per my offering and our agreement I owe my older child a prize for her good grades: a couple of webkin outfits that she has requested and will get. Go her (too)!

Mood: Proud.

No comments: