Monday, December 7, 2009

Kat's Current "Read"


I have been reading...yes, I have actually been reading (not listening-reading) The Lovely Bones.
I picked it up (via my Barness & Noble App on my iphone) because I saw the preview before a movie and caught that it was Based Upon a Novel.
I like reading books before seeing the movie....it's just that I'm typically an extremely slow reader....I have the attention span of a goldfish and lose interest before the book is anywhere near through.
Audio books are different...they can normally keep my attention.
I do like this book and the way it captures and holds my attention. I'm halfway through and taking my time because the movie doesn't come out into theaters until January 15, 2010.

I had to actually stop reading at one point for about a week because it was so stinking sad and made me cry. I'm pretty sure if I had gotten this on audio I would have been done listening to it all the way through within the first day. It's a little hard for me to read here and there....due to that wet stingy stuff in my eyes.

I might be armed with kleenex when I see it in the theater.

(I really wanted to be through reading this by yesterday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much better..the Eye was really freaking me out...

Kat said...

OK, maybe the eye was just a tad on the weird side. We, here at Somewhere Out There, apologize for the freaky eye.