Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sunrise...Sunset

I love a good sunset. I will never forget going to visit my great grandmothers in New Mexico three, four sometimes five times a year and just about every time I would hear my Great Grandmother H proclaim that she has the best Sunsets anywhere on Earth.

I wish I could go back in time with my digital camera, adult brain and take pics from her back yard. It really was one of the best spots.

My other great grandmother? She's still alive. 103..her birthday is in February. Anybody wanna doubt that stubborn women run in my family?




Both pics were taken pretty much back to back. Fantastic Sunset.



When I got home I showed off the pics on my camera and my brother started to say that the saw the same sunset and the clouds reminded him of....(I interrupted...imagine that!) and hollared out: COTTON CANDY!!! My older daughter and I had stood earlier and looked at how pretty it was and discussed how it the clouds in the sky looked like cotton candy.

My brother said he was going to say the same thing.

I shall call this picture:

Night and Day Are Sometimes the Same


And the blonde twist from my daughter. We pulled over in three differnt places to capture the moment. At the first spot, she didn't like it because the Wal-mart sign and the Lowe's store was in the way. (I love that she thinks that way.)
At the second spot she told me to hurry up because the "sun setting was going away".
I looked over at her and giggled. Her response? "Oh...yea"

Either way...that was a fun moment with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool pictures :)