Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Thoughts

  • OH Christmas Party, Oh Christmas Party....I do love a good work Christmas Party.
  • Friday morning I woke up not feeling tip top....by 10 am I was running out the door to get home. Me had some icky icky times with the stomach and everything coming back out.
  • I had gotten my blood results back from the doc and it showed slightly low iron levels and slightly low red blood cell count. Sounds about right...no shocker there. The doctor's office had given me some vitamins to take.
  • Ugh...they were some strong strong strong vitamins and shouldn't have been taken on an empty stomach especially when I didn't feel too great to begin with.
  • I was punished. Horribly.
  • My mom just sent me a text message that said "tag". I refused to stoop to her immature level. I responded as any sophisticated individual would: "Marco!"
  • Friday evening I met some friends for Sushi. I still felt yucky....until I ate. Then I felt a zillion times better. Food in the tummy can make all the difference in the world...apparently.
  • I was the only that ordered sushi. I didn't tell anyone that I had eel wrapped inside of mine. It was yummy. Very yummy.
  • Saturday night was my work's Christmas Party. Cocktails at 6:00. Dinner at 7:30 was followed by the Owner's Speech....we had a guy at our table that might have had a little too many cocktails before the Cocktail hour and was a little loud. He might have even said a thing or two that could be heard by the owner during the speech. We had over 40 people in attendance.....with 399 other people listening, one might think its a good time to be quiet.
  • After the speech was made, they announced that under 18 chairs were gift cards. I got a card that said a Skill Saw. Woo hoo!!! It was a Dewalt Skill Saw. Sweet.
  • The most shocking part of the evening was the goodbyes around 11:30 or so and the guy that had too much was still walking around.....talk about a guy that can hold his alcohol.
  • Hey, speaking of shocking...wanna see a naked pic of mine? If you follow me on twitter or are a facebook friend then you might have already seen it.
  • I read in the Messenger that the new elementary school (that will have some great looking bricks, btw) will have pre-k through 5th. Right now we only have pre-k through the 4th grade in the two elementary schools that we already have. That leaves just the sixth grade at the intermediate and then the 7th and 8th grade at the middle school.
  • Why do we have to have four levels? I vote we take out the intermediate and just have middle school with 6th, 7th and 8th. That would be so much simpler.
  • Do we really really really need a third elementary school?
  • Speaking of schools, my high school, Abilene High School sucked BADLY at football when I played the flute in band. We were terrible.
  • This year? Oh my, my.....we don't suck anymore. They are 14-0 and I can't tell you how tempting it is to sneak on over to San Antonio this weekend and watch a football game. I really wish I had stopped what I was doing to see them play at the Cowboy's Stadium a couple of weeks ago...or even been able to see them play this last weekend at Baylor's Stadium.
  • Sheesh, 11 days till Christmas. I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'm not ready!

No comments: