Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

  • It's the Thursday downhill slide of the week and this time without snow in the driveway.
  • I awoke (somehow) this morning to no electricity, freezing temperature in the house, and a blanket of beautiful snow covering the ground.
  • I was very excited.
  • The kids jumped up to look outside as if it were an unlimited amount of sugar just waiting for them.
  • Sadly, we had to explain that the alarms didn't go off, there was no power in the neighborhood, but we still had to go to school.
  • Yea, start out your morning explaining to the five children they cannot go outside and play in the first snow of the winter.
  • Not.A.Good.At.All.
  • I feared for my safety.
  • Then it hit me...my mood fell quickly once I realized the blow dryer, curling iron, lights for me to put make up on where not going to work. Ugh.
  • Double fail was realizing that the garage door is electric. Uhhh....am I the only dummy who doesn't know how to deal with an electric garage door when there is no electricity?
  • I'd now like to give a shout out to the google and my big brother. Thanks, guys.
  • So off to work....in the snow. ;-(
  • But my day was incredibly busy--almost too busy and it went in a snap.
  • I arrived home immediately after working eight and a half hours and see the alarm clock blinking 8:47, which means the power came on shortly after I left. Nice.
  • Happy Thursday!

No comments: